Wednesday, November 12, 2014

feel something....feel everything

 
 
upside down and sideways
 
the feelings just flood in like tidal waves these days
 
i'm all mixed up....there's a black hole in my chest
with a cold wind blowing through........there's
a knot in my stomach that just slowly twists and turns
all.day.long.
 
pretty much impossible to explain the polarity of the feelings I have these days........angry, elated, nervous, settled, sick, joy, sad, bliss.............
 
rollercoaster........want.to.get.off
 
flicker of flames, hot tea and soft music fill my space tonight.
i'm finding it incredibly difficult to put anything into words right now.
I didn't feel much of anything for the last 5 years and all of a sudden i'm feeling everything.....  it's really overwhelming
 
and the word to perfectly describe me right now just popped into my head
..........uncomfortable.........
 
just uncomfortable
 
don't want to sit through it........don't want to feel it
 
the demons in my head can't help but think
what if this is as good as it gets?
what if this is it?
 
there's no going around........have to go through
 
 
be.
here.
now.
 
 


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this. Beautiful poetry about not-so-beautiful emotions.

    Ahhhh...it's so hard, the place you're in...the place we're all in...in one way or another. I was just reflecting this morning, reading another blog about 'persevering through unanswered prayers', that this is one hard b---- of a life a lot of times. The holidays are added stress because they invoke a feeling that you should feel happy and content and blessed. Many of us don't feel that way any given day, never mind with the added stress of impending holidays (especially hard when the stress involves family (in my case, also partly true). The answer? I have no idea. Just know that there are people here willing to listen, and lend whatever kind of emotional support they can to you during this season of your life. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanna, I love this new blog of yours. The emotions are so raw and I feel for you! I read the rest of your posts just now as well and all I can say is that you are one strong women and mama!! I've been reading all of your blogs since you had Milton. I'm in awe of your amazing writing talent you have been blessed with. I'm so glad to see you are content and doing what you have to do to be the best women you can be. I'm also so happy to see that you're taking care of yourself first! When I become a mom, I will strive to be half the mom and women you are. Keep your head up girly, you never cease to amaze me. xoxo-Kristen

    ReplyDelete